If you want to buy a down the hole drilling, you can read this article to find details about DTH drilling or hammer machines.
DTH drilling rigs use impactors and drill bits that are submerged into the bottom of the hole to impact and crush the rock. Therefore, they are called down the hole drilling. It is suitable for large-diameter blast hole drilling operations in small and medium-sized mines, road construction, water conservancy, and stone works, as well as for drilling bolt holes in slope support, tunnel support, and foundation pit support. The main drilling object is a rock formation. Contact us to get the DTH rock drilling equipment price right now.
YG Machinery provides you with the most common types of drilling rigs, for example, water well drilling machine, core drilling rig machine, anchor drilling machine, and rotary drilling machine. If you want to get the down-the-hole hammer drill rig price, you can click the button above to get more information.
Parameters of Small Outrigger Type DTH Drill Rig
|Drilling rotate speed||110r/min||110r/min||110r/min||110r/min|
|Working air pressure||0.5-0.7Mpa||0.5-1.0Mpa||0.5-1.0Mpa||0.5-1.0Mpa|
|Max propelled force||3600N/8000N||9600N||9600N||9600N|
|Electric motor power||3KW/4KW||4KW||/||4KW/5.5KW|
|Electric motor voltage||380V||380V||/||380V|
|Drilling rod OD||42mm||50-60mm||50-60mm||60mm|
|Drilling rod length||1025mm||1025mm||1025mm||1025mm|
Classification of DTH drilling rigs:
- According to the different use environments, it is divided into two categories: open-air down the hole drilling rig and underground down the hole drilling rig.
- According to the way of walking, it can be divided into small outrigger type DTH drilling machine and crawler type DTH drilling machine.
- According to the working mode, it can be divided into pneumatic and electric linkage, fully hydraulic, and full pneumatic.
- According to the power configuration of the drilling rig, it can be divided into diesel-powered down the hole drilling rig, diesel-electric dual-purpose down the hole drilling rig, electric down-the-hole drilling rig (need to be customized).
- According to the different hole diameters, it can be divided into light DTH drilling rig (with a hole diameter of 70-120mm), medium-size DTH drilling rig (with a hole diameter of 150mm), heavy-duty DTH drilling rig (with a hole diameter of 200mm), and extra heavy DTH drilling rig (the hole diameter is 250mm).
YG Machinery is a professional manufacturer of dth hammer drilling tools. What kind of down-the-hole hammer drilling equipment do you need? Click here to get the DTH hammer price.
Working Principle of Down the Hole Drilling:
The working principle of the down-the-hole hammer drill rig is the same as other rock drilling rigs. It has the process of rock drilling and hole formation such as impact, rotation, ballasting, and advancement, and it belongs to percussion rotary drilling. The difference is that the impactor of the down-the-hole drill is installed at the front end of the drill rod, submerged into the bottom of the hole, and continues to advance as the drilling extends.
Here are the details about the Crawler DTH Hammer Drilling.
Parameters of Crawler DTH Drilling Rig
|Model||YGL130 (diesel engine and electric engine)||YGM150T (diesel engine)||YGM153 (diesel engine and electric engine)|
|Power type||Diesel engine+ electric engine||Diesel engine||Diesel engine+ electric engine|
|Diesel tank capacity||70（L）||70（L）||70（L）|
|Oil tank capacity||109（L）||148（L）||155（L）|
|Total machine weight||3.7t||5.2t||5.8t|
Product Features of DTH Drilling Rig
- Fast footage, flexible movement, and convenient operation, a high degree of mechanization, and less auxiliary operation time, which improve the operation rate of the drilling rig.
- The impactor directly acts on the drill bit, and the impact energy loss does not increase with the lengthening of the drill rod. Deep holes with large diameters can be drilled, and the drilling speed is not affected by the hole depth.
- Environmental protection and energy saving, because the impact is carried out at the bottom of the hole, the noise during work is greatly reduced.
- The floating chassis is more mobile and flexible, with strong climbing ability, and more suitable for rugged field operations.
- It can drill medium-hard or above-medium-hard rocks (f≥8).
- Good adaptability. Except for very soft formations, the down-the-hole drills are in the best working condition in all rock structures, and the drilled hole diameter and hole depth are more than top hammer rock drills.
Click here to get a drilling rig’s price list:
How does a Down-the-Hole Drilling Rig Work?
Down the hole drilling is the use of an impactor and a drill bit that submerge into the bottom of the hole to impact and crush the rock. Small in size and light in weight, it is suitable for places where large and medium-sized drilling rigs cannot be operated and is convenient and flexible. The down the hole drilling rig uses electric energy as power, with low noise and strong power.
The drilling speed is 3-8 times that of general rock drills, the rock hardness reaches 9 and the drilling depth is 8-16 meters per hour. DTH drilling rig is suitable for drilling large-diameter blast holes in small and medium-sized mines, road construction, water conservancy, and stone works, as well as drilling bolt holes in slope support, tunnel support, and foundation pit support. The main drilling object is the rock formation.
YG Machinery is a top supplier of machinery. Besides a variety of drilling rigs for sale, YG Machinery provides also wet wipes machine, UVC disinfection robot, disinfection door, dust suppression cannon, road marking machine, mini road roller, asphalt crack filler machine, small asphalt milling machine, cement sprayer machine, sandblasting equipment for sale, rock splitter machine, pile breaker machine, etc.